Members of the Massachusetts General Court are seeking to enact what would be the most restrictive and tyrannical gun-control law in the entire country. It is imperative that legislators reject this unconstitutional and tyrannical bill.
House Docket, No. 4420 (HD 4420) is euphemistically titled “An Act modernizing firearm laws.” However, if enacted, it would severely and unconstitutionally restrict citizens’ God-given right to self-defense.
- Ban nearly all semi-automatic firearms;
- Redefine the terms “firearm” and “assault weapons” to vastly expand their definitions to even include accessories and stun guns;
- Mandate all firearms — including privately-built firearms — and magazines to be registered with the state government, and require gun owners to notify the state of every minor modification made to the firearm or lost or destroyed magazines;
- Ban individuals under 21 from owning semi-automatic rifles or shotguns;
- Severely restrict concealed carry to the extent that it’s effectively banned;
- Mandate draconian “safe storage” and training requirements for gun owners; and
- Ban individuals from searching “downloadable gun code” on the internet, a blatant violation of free speech.
HD 4420 is a blatant assault on the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and if passed, it would directly infringe upon it in multiple ways. Additionally, its provisions — particularly its gun registry — would enable both the state and federal governments to more easily implement further gun-control measures, including confiscations.
Furthermore, HD 4420 only amounts to advancing the Left’s civilian-disarmament schemes. For an illustration of its ultimate goal, one only needs to look at Canada or Serbia, which are in the process of totally outlawing firearms.
The ability of a person to defend him- or herself is a fundamental God-given right. Stripping individuals of this right would make them utterly dependent upon the government for their very lives and allow it to strip them of other rights without fear of reprisal.
It is imperative that we protect the Second Amendment. Thus, urge your state representative and senator to oppose HD 4420, and to instead support legislation that upholds and protects the God-given right to self-defense.
Although we provide a way to easily email legislators, we know from long experience that it takes a lot more interaction with your legislators to get your point across than that provided by emails alone.
That's why we provide an easy way not only to email them, but to contact them by phone, tweet, and even video message them.